Online access available now for 1099-R forms

Ohio Public Employees Retirement System members who are registered for online access may retrieve their 2013 tax forms online.

This feature of the OPERS online account can help members get a jump start on filling out their taxes. The 1099-R form can be read and printed if you have an online account. The forms will also be mailed to all members no later than Jan. 31.

If you’re already registered for your OPERS online account, click here to sign in. You can access your Form 1099-R by clicking on the “Documents” tab from the main menu.

If you have not registered for your online OPERS account, it’s easy and quick. You can click on this link to do so.

We’ve put together an online tool that can help you understand the 1099-R form. It can help you understand which parts of the form to use for your taxes, learn about retiree and disability distribution codes, and how to access and print your form.

Click on this link to view the Form 1099-R recorded presentation.

This entry was posted in Benefits, Pensions. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Online access available now for 1099-R forms

  1. Goldie L Huffman says:

    when will 1099’s be sent out

  2. David Eugene Scott says:

    When resetting the password, the new password is not saved and the system wants to know to which of three items the change refers.

  3. David Jones says:

    It still has the problem that document appears to be formatted for legal size paper, making it awkward to print out.

  4. John J. Welsh says:

    Need copy of 2013 1099R

  5. David H says:

    This concerns taxes…is it possible for OPERS to start in 2015 taking our medical/vision/dental
    premiums out pre-tax please? It would save all of we OPERS retirees some $$$$.

    • Michael Pramik says:


      Given the low level of retiree health care premium share, we had not researched this as a need for our retirees. We might explore it in the future.

      –Ohio PERS

  6. Robert Beavis says:

    The login to get the 1099 on-line keeps telling me the site is not available. I have to create a new password according to the login process and I can’t even get in to do that. We live out of country and getting the 1099 electronically works best for us – if I could only get to it on the website……

    • Michael Pramik says:


      It appears that we are experiencing some technical difficulties at this time. We are working on the issue and hope to have it resolved shortly. Thank you for your patience.

      –Ohio PERS

  7. Gene Wise says:

    Now that I’m 70 and a half the IRS wants to know about a “Required minimum distribution”. Can anyone help out with this. What is it and where do I find it.?????

  8. Marilyn Gardner says:

    “Required minimum distribution” refers to the amount of money you MUST withdraw from tax deferred accounts such as IRAs and deferred compenation (a 451 plan for OPERS members). The IRS rules for withdrawal go into effect the year in which you turn 70 1/2. It is imperative you either consult the IRS booklets on IRA distributions or the bank or institution which holds these funds for you. You will pay normal tax rates on the money you withdraw (remember you never paid income tax on this money when you contributed it ) BUT if you do not take the required distribution the IRS will levy a HUGE penalty on the dollars you should have withdrawn. If you are the least bit unsure of what you are doing,
    consult a knowledgable tax person. By the way, your OPERS pension has nothing to do with this rule–it is only for your private tax deferred retirement accounts you may have. Hope this answer helps.

  9. fred meine says:

    I have not recived my ww 2 .keep trying call but cant get through.

  10. I have not received my tax info thus far and can not file my taxes. Please advise. You may have an old address and I would like to make sure that you have the right one. Please advise

    • Michael Pramik says:


      Have you tried accessing the form through your online account? You can read it online or print it out.

      –Ohio PERS

  11. Barbara Northrup says:

    Is there any way to view insurance premium payments? My auto bill payment was changed to reflect premium increase (or so I thought.). It only changed it for 1 month instead of all future payments. I received dis enrollment letters showing cancellation at the end of March. Additional payments making us current were received 3/7/2014 and an additional check covering the $0.85 was received 3/13/2014, well before the deadline of the 18th.

    How do I check to see if the dis enrollment has been cancelled?

  12. Sherry stewart says:


    • Michael Pramik says:


      We have not been experiencing technical difficulties on our online access of 1099s. If you’re still having problems finding your form online, call us at 800-222-7377.

      –Ohio PERS

  13. Willaim John Wren says:

    I am trying to get a copy of my retirement cash out 1099R form for the year 2013.

    • Michael Pramik says:


      We can’t do that through the blog. Please call us at 800-222-7377 and we can help you.

      –Ohio PERS

  14. Laura Snyder says:

    How do I obtain a copy of my 1099R for 2010?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Comments Policy