The Ohio Public Employees Retirement System offers a variety of educational opportunities in various formats for members, retirees and employers.
Whether it’s guiding new members in their selection of a retirement plan, helping them learn the importance of saving or aiding those approaching retirement, our education subject roster is comprehensive. It includes in-person seminars, live webinars, recorded presentations and a large library of written information.
Start by visiting the OPERS website. The best way to find out which educational opportunities are for you is by clicking on the appropriate tab at the top of the home page, such as “Members,” “Retirees” or “Employers.” You’ll find a subhead titled “Educational Opportunities” in the resources section. Please note that you can sign up for an in-person seminar only if you are a member of the retirement transition group for which the seminar is designed.
- For members, there is an introductory video that can help you choose the education that is right for your retirement transition group. On the OPERS website, the educational opportunities are listed according to your retirement plan and retirement group.
- For retirees, we currently have a seminar/webinar for those under 65. Several videos and recorded presentations are available online.
- For employers, we provide recorded presentations and webinars on current topics of interest, and we maintain a large list of helpful tools, manuals, forms and publications.
- Health care has its own list of educational resources, including documents that you may need, as well as links to providers.
- We also have a comprehensive set of forms that apply to members, retirees and employers, and a long list of helpful publications that address many of the questions our members have.