Open enrollment presents a time for retirees of the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System to adjust their health care coverage. This year, our open enrollment will be held Oct. 15-Dec. 7 for both Medicare and non-Medicare retirees.
We recently mailed the OPERS fall newsletter, which includes a health care bulletin previewing what is to come for 2017 medical, prescription, vision and dental plans. Here are a few of the highlights and details:
- If you’re happy with your current plan selections through OneExchange, there’s no need to take action. Current plans will automatically carry over into 2017.
- If you’d like to explore different plan options, call OneExchange (844-287-9945) from Oct. 15-Dec. 7. Be sure to read the health care bulletin in the fall newsletter, which should arrive soon, for details about automatic or recurring reimbursement arrangements.
- Eligible plan participants will still receive open enrollment materials from OPERS for optional vision and dental coverage.
- Participants will receive 2017 plan information from their current carriers.
- If you’d like to continue your current coverage, there’s no need to take action. Current plans will automatically carry over into 2017.
- If you’d like to adjust optional vision and/or dental coverage, or add or drop a dependent for 2017, contact OPERS from Oct. 15-Dec. 7.
- Co-insurance and copays are not changing for either the OPERS Retiree Medical Mutual PPO Plan or the Medical Mutual Interim Plan.
- We’ve added a lower-cost tier to the prescription drug plan, specifically for biosimilar/generic specialty medications.
Non-Medicare premiums will rise in 2017 because of the continued reduction in the allowance amount, and because of overall plan increases. The health care bulletin includes helpful resources available to plan participants in the face of these higher premiums.
The annual OPERS Enrollment Guide is mailing at the end of September and will include a personalized cost statement to help you with your planning needs. Watch your mailboxes and as always, if you have any questions, OPERS is here to help. You can contact us at 800-222-7377.