We encourage your comments on the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System’s PERSpective blog. We can’t respond to every comment. Please be aware that we review all comments before they’re posted, and we reserve the right to edit, not publish or remove any comment that in our sole discretion does not further the purpose of the blog.
We also expect and require that comments reflect a basic level of decorum and civility. It’s OK if our readers disagree, but we insist on mutual respect. Please try to keep your comments clear, concise and properly capitalized and punctuated. Please also do not repost the same message.
For your protection there is some information that we will not post including comments that deal with individual member retirement information or account issues, which must be kept confidential.
This information could include:
- Years of service credit
- Monthly pension or Social Security amounts
- Account value
- Health procedures and medical conditions that the individual has experienced
- Prescription drugs taken
- Monthly health care premiums
- Name of a member’s doctor or medical facility
- Name of the specific health plan the member has selected
If you have concerns about your individual OPERS account, please contact the OPERS Member Services Center at 800-222-7377, or submit a secure message through the Message Center in the My Account section of your online account. You can log in or create an account by clicking on “Member Login” at the top right of opers.org.
Here is our policy:
By posting any comments, posts or other material on the OPERS-sponsored blog, you give OPERS the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by OPERS in its sole discretion
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Impersonate another person
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Post the same note more than once or spam