Member Services caps helpful year
Statistics show vast improvement in percentage of calls answered
By Donna Castiglione, Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
Jan. 8, 2019 – OPERS’ Member Services department is the place for our members to gain information about their accounts and answers to their questions about pensions and health care.
Member Services employees assist our more than 1 million members with their individual accounts, retirement and health care, and many other issues. Last year was no exception. Here are some examples of the many ways our Member Services associates helped you in 2018:
- We answered 399,580 calls, significantly improving our abandonment rate to less than 5 percent. Callers used our Virtual Hold option, which allows members to hang up and receive a call from OPERS when it’s their turn in line, more than 105,000 times.
- We conducted interviews with more than 14,000 members and retirees.
- We helped more than 2,900 people at the front desk of our downtown Columbus headquarters.
- We responded to 11,666 online account messages.
- We educated more than 35,000 members through in-person presentations and online webinars.
- Participants viewed recorded presentations of our seminars nearly 20,000 times.
- We ran 41,904 estimates of benefits for members.
If you have a question or need some help from our Member Services staff, please call us at 800-222-7377.
Donna Castiglione is the assistant director of Member Services and has been with the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System for more than 13 years. She has extensive experience in customer service management in a variety of industries.
10 thoughts on “Member Services caps helpful year”
FORTUNATE is the word to reflect my feelings…Thank You OPERS.
Thanks for all you do!!
Every time I call, the representative answers my concerns and questions in a thorough manner. Thank you for doing a fantastic job!
Thank You very much for all you do, it makes a big difference when you’re retired and the representative is so helpful.
How do I get opers number
Please call us at 1-800-222-7377 and, once we verify your identity, we can provide your OPERS ID number.
Thank you, it is so nice to get our calls answered quickly. I get so frustrated in the many other places where this does not happen.
Cannot find where to update bank account information
The banking information for a monthly OPERS benefit can be updated through the members online account under the Bank Update section or you can complete the Change Request form (Form F-50 available to print from OPERS.org).